1. Who we are
- “We”, “us” or “our” means the Security Factory, with registered office at Samenwerkingsstraat 50, 2845 Niel and with company number (0521.990.256). We shall be regarded as the data controller with respect to the personal data we collect as a result of your use of our website.
- By email: email@example.com, attn. Nico Cooman
- By postal mail: the Security Factory, Samenwerkingsstraat 50, 2845 Niel
2. How we use and collect your personal data
- Personal data is defined as any information about an identified or identifiable natural person. Identifiable refers to identifiers (such as name, identification number, location data, etc.) that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a natural person.
- The personal data we collect is collected for the following purposes:
- If you use the contact form on our website, we will use your personal data to respond to your request, either by e-mail or by telephone. Your e-mail address will also be included in our database for the purpose of providing you with information regarding events, seminars, etc.
- We process your personal data for the purpose of supporting the website and improving your user experience. This purpose extends to monitoring the security, availability, performance, capability, and health of our website.
- We process your personal data to enforce or comply with rights granted under applicable law (such as defending against legal claims) when necessary. We may also use your personal data to comply with our obligations under applicable law.
- We collect the following categories of personal data:
- Contact Information: If you use the contact form, you will be asked to provide the following information: name, email address, phone number, resume. This is information provided directly by you.
- The legal grounds for the use of your personal data are
- Consent: the Security Factory has obtained unequivocal and explicit consent from the person.
- Legitimate interest: the processing is necessary for the pursuit of legitimate interests, in particular for the best customer experience. (e.g. offering new services). Without the processing, the above-mentioned target becomes unfeasible.
- Your personal data will only be used according to the purposes set out in Article 2.2.
3. Maintaining your personal data and deletion
- Your personal data will be kept for no longer than is necessary to fulfill a specific purpose. However, since it is not possible to specify a period in advance, the period will be determined as follows:
- Terms regarding digital services are established at the time the contract is concluded. The duration of these agreements are depending on the service and contractually agreed.
- If you withdraw your consent or if you object to the processing of personal data, and such objection is sustained, we will delete your personal data. We will however keep the personal data necessary to respect your preferences in the future.
- However, we are entitled to keep your personal data if this is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to bring a legal claim or defend ourselves against such a claim or for evidentiary reasons.
4. Your rights as an individual
- This article contains an overview of your most important rights under applicable data protection legislation. We have tried to summarise them for you in a clear and readable way.
- You have the right to receive a copy of your personal data held by us, considering it does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. The first copy will be provided to you free of charge, but we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee if you request multiple copies.
- If the personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request us to correct this information, or to request us – taking into account the purposes of the processing – to complete it.
- If one of the following applies, you have the right to obtain – without unreasonable delay – deletion of your personal data:
- Personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected or processed
- You withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, and there is no other legal basis for processing your personal data;
- Your personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- Deletion of your personal data is necessary to comply with EU law or Belgian law;
- There are certain exclusions to the right to data erasure. These exclusions include where processing is required,
- For exercising the right to freedom of expression and information;
- For reasons of public interest in the field of public health;
- For the purpose of archiving in the public interest, or statistical purposes;
- For compliance with a legal obligation; or,
- For the establishment, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim.
- Right to restrict processing.
- You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data (meaning that the personal data may only be stored by us and used only for limited purposes), if any of the following apply:
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal data, for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request instead the restriction of their use
- We no longer need your personal data for the processing purposes, but you need it for the establishment, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim; or,
- You have objected to the processing, pending the answer to the question whether our legitimate grounds outweigh yours.
- In addition to our right to store your personal data, we may still process it, but only:
- With your consent;
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- To protect the rights of another natural or legal person; or,
- For reasons of public interest.
- Before we lift the restriction on the processing of your personal data, you will be informed. Right to transferability of your personal data / data portability.
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. However, this right shall not apply insofar as it would prejudice the rights and freedoms of others.
- You also have the right to have us transfer your personal data directly to another company, if this is technically possible.
- You have the right at any time – for reasons related to your particular situation – to object to the processing of your personal data, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for:
- The performance of a task of public interest or in the exercise of a task in the exercise of public authority conferred on us;
- The promotion of our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
- If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate interests for the processing that outweigh the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you.
- Where your personal data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, whether it is an initial or further processing, you have the right to object at any time and free of charge to such processing, including in the case of profiling as it relates to direct marketing. If you raise such an objection, we will stop processing your personal data for this purpose.
- For complaints about the processing of your personal data or compliance with this privacy statement, we ask you to first contact us using the contact details below. If you feel that we do not provide you with an adequate answer, you may also contact the Data Protection Authority.
5. Providing your personal data to third parties
- To provide our website, we work with service providers to process and succeed your personal data. We use the following service providers:
- Compyou hosting and access to the website dashboard
- If contractually agreed upon under SEA we work with Facebook business, Google adwords, LinkedIn business.
- It may be that providing access to your data is necessary for legal purposes. In such a case we will be obliged to comply with them. We may also provide your personal data if this is necessary to protect the vital interests of another natural person.
- We do not provide personal data to third parties without prior agreement. Our website uses social media plug-ins that allow you to link to our social media channels. These social media channels are Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube. If you click on such link, it may be that the aforementioned social media partners collect personal data, such as personal data regarding your profile.
- We are not responsible on how these social media partners use your personal data. In such case, they will act as data controllers. For your information, we list the relevant links below (however, these may change from time to time)::
6. Transfer of personal data
- No transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area occurs.
- We assure that a transfer of personal data to a third country will be made in compliance with the necessary guarantees.
- You agree to the transfer of personal data to a third country.